Thursday, June 23, 2011

Running Thank You

So last week my 8 year old ran her first ever 5K. She was part of a program called Girls on the Run. It is a national program for girls in grades 3-8 that not only trains them to run a 5K, but talks about self-esteem, bullies, and may other issues that girls in that age group face. The idea of the race at the end is not to be the fastest, but to finish! They don't care how the girls finish, as long as they finish. Let me just say, if you have a child in this age group, and the program is offered in your area...DO IT! Well, today I wanted to share a card I made for my DD's coach. This wonderful women (also a mom with a child in the group) devoted 12 weeks of her time to work with the 12 girls in the group from the school. I really want to give her a giant hug for all she did, but I decided to make a card instead...lol. So, here it is....I thought this guy would be just perfect for a running card. Especially for this program...where it was all about finishing..not winning. So I used this adorable Slow and Steady turtle from the QKR Stampede store. I stamped him on some white CS, and colored with gel pens and markers. Next I layered the image onto some PP I had in my stash from SU. I thought the green in the PP went well with the turtle. Then I used a giant sticker for the sentiment, and added some ribbon. Now, I need to get this all filled out and in the mail...I am so bad about mailing cards.






Oh, one last thing before I go. I thought I would share this photo of my DD about to cross the finish line with her "running buddy". Look at that smile! She was beyond proud of herself for finishing...and in 40:45! Of course mom is also super proud! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment