Saturday, July 21, 2012

Every Mother's Child

Created by Deb


Isn't that the truth? And isn't it wonderful that Mother Nature ensures this is so? I had to smile when first saw this image. Beautifully said!

This image can be found here: Pretty Child. I printed it in the original size. It was then cut and embossed with Spellbinders and sponged while still in the die with Distress Ink Milled Lavender.

This shaped card was cut with Spellbinders and the bottom trimmed off so it would stand. Cut a piece of cardstock large enough for the card base, fold it in half, and place the die on the doubled paper so that the fold is just inside the cutting edge of the die. Then cut another piece of the same cardstock, emboss and adhere to the front of the card.

The safety pins were cut with Cricut's New Arrival cartridge at 2" default. They were then outlined with Stickles. Stickle dots are also featured on the sentiment.

I learned a trick for eye-catching embellishments - it's buttons! Wait until your favorite fabric store has a sale on buttons and then stock up on some really pretty ones.  If they are the kind with a shank, just snip them off with a cutter from your garage tool box. I then adhere them to the page with a dab of E6000 adhesive that I purchase in the jewellery making area at Michaels.

The double bow is tied on the fingers. I learned this technique from the blog of the fabulous Ann Schach.

Don't forge to visit my blog at http://papercrazylady.blogspot.ca/

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and I love the color you made it in. Well done!

    ReplyDelete